Mixing is about controlling the music’s ability to move people emotionally and physically, creating the most compelling and memorable experience. It requires a love of the music and it means grasping what makes a song great. It means understanding how, why and where an artist’s audience will listen.
- To start off, I’d like to hear a rough mix of your produced song.
- I like to get acquainted with you as an artist, what you’re about and where you’re heading.
- You’ll get a ballpark price or quote – depending on how ready your song is for mixing.
- Before we go ahead, I’ll invoice you for 50% of the agreed total.
- Then once the music’s been delivered to me I’ll begin mixing. You can be with me throughout, for some of it, for the final mix, or not at all – but usually the more the better!
- We’ll go through the mix revision process until we’re satisfied the mix is there.
- I’ll then invoice you for the balance and send the mix off for mastering.